Wednesday, July 23
immediately fill out & send an online inquiry to your local police bureau.
though there are many things you could do beforehand (where else to think and act before, than austria anyway?):
- get your online e-signatur or cellphone signature through the post
- scan your original bill & warranty and also make a few copies just in case
- register your bike frame id number in the wiener databank (called: Fahrradregistrierung)
- make many photos of your bike with you standing by
- extend your Haushaltsversicherung with Fahrradsversicherung
- if your bike is expensive enough (over €2000) think about implementing a spybike device and get the necessary apps to your phone & tablet
and keep your bike locked or park it in your own flat. sadly no rides kept in gardens are safe in Wien.